Experienced Bellingham Criminal Defense Attorney Fights for Results in Tough Cases
Trusted Whatcom County Lawyer Advocates for Clients Accused of Crimes
Being convicted of a crime can be a life-altering event. You may have trouble getting a good job, finding a place to live or even holding onto your parental rights. At Douglas Hyldahl P.S., I defend clients throughout the Bellingham area who are facing criminal charges. As an attorney with more than 28 years of experience, I take pride in delivering effective legal advocacy and trustworthy counsel regardless of the specific charge. I listen closely to every detail of your case and am passionate about fighting for your rights, freedom and future.
Accomplished criminal defense law firm offers winning strategies and individualized attention
With so much at stake, clients choose my firm to represent them for a variety of reasons, including:
- Reputation — I have been protecting the rights of clients for over 38 years and have a thorough understanding of the Washington State criminal justice system, which I use to my clients’ advantage.
- Accessibility — I make myself available to my clients to answer questions and concerns no matter when they arise. When your freedom is on the line, I am thoroughly committed to giving you the time and attention you deserve.
- Results — As a dedicated criminal defense attorney, I have amassed a substantial track record of successful results. I have favorably resolved cases at all stages of the process.
Don’t allow a challenging situation to stop you from taking the action you need to safeguard your rights. I will be a fierce advocate for you in court.
Determined legal advocate delivers comprehensive criminal defense representation
If you’ve been arrested, you want a seasoned criminal defense attorney to challenge questionable evidence and law enforcement errors. My firm will assert your legal rights and fight for your freedom whether you’ve been accused of something minor or a capital offense. Some of the types of cases I handle include:
- DUI — In Washington State, driving while under the influence (DUI) can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony depending on the driver’s prior record and the severity of the alleged misconduct. I search for evidence suggesting that your stop and subsequent arrest was unlawful.
- Drug crimes — State or federal allegations relating to the possession, use or distribution of illegal drugs can result in a serious sentence. In drug crime cases, we contest the introduction of wrongfully seized evidence and look for alternatives to incarceration, such as rehabilitation.
- Gun and weapons crimes — Gun possession and other weapons crimes can be treated as a felony or misdemeanor depending on the circumstances. I am familiar with the laws and will build a strong case.
- Sex crimes — No matter what type of sex crime you’ve been charged with, I will use every legal tactic available to seek an acquittal or reduction of charges.
- Traffic violations — Being cited for a traffic violation could result in steep fines, higher insurance premiums and even license suspension.
My firm is ready to represent you against criminal charges that have been brought by state or federal prosecutors.
Speak with a qualified Bellingham criminal defense lawyer
Douglas Hyldahl P.S. in Bellingham represents Whatcom County clients in all types of criminal defense matters. Please call or contact me online to schedule a free and confidential initial consultation.